What information do we collect?
As part of the process of registering for an event, ticket buyers, or attendees, must agree to volunteer some information about themselves. This information may include name, email address, mailing address, phone, as well as other information required to complete the registration process.
In addition to this personal information, Ticketwise collects non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to IP addresses, approximate geographic regions, browsers, operating systems, and other device characteristics.
Ticketwise does not knowingly collect personal information on children under the age of age 13. Because our Terms of Service states that our users must be 13 or older, children under the age of 13 are not allowed to submit personal information to Ticketwise. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to monitor children’s use of the site.
How do we use this information?
First and foremost, information is collected to help us deliver the highest level of service to our users. Here are some of the specific ways in which we accomplish that:
- Use for Specific Purpose: Information provided for a specific purpose will be used for that purpose. Most commonly, this applies to information provided during the registration process, which will be used to fulfill your request to attend an event (for example, processing payments).
- Communication: Ticketwise and event organizers may use the information you provide to communicate with you. This communication channel exists to share important information, such as cancellations or warnings about the events you are attending. Ticketwise and event organizers may also contact you about related events and other information, if you opt in. You can opt in or out of receiving marketing communications at any time in your account settings.
- Ticketwise’s Business: In order to continuously improve the product and the Service, we will use information provided to measure the performance of the Service to understand the ways in which our services are being utilized. Information can also be used for Ticketwise’s business, including but not limited to fraud prevention, business performance, and customer and market analysis.
- Event Organizers’ Business: Some information will be shared with event organizers for business purposes, including but not limited to event access control, marketing and communication with attendees, and customer and market analysis.
- Personalization: Ticketwise may use the information provided to deliver more personalized services, including but not limited to advertisements, local event recommendations, and content.
How is this information shared?
Ticketwise may share your information with other parties in limited circumstances:
- Event Organizers: When you purchase a ticket or register as an attendee for an event, we will share your information and associated analytics with the organizer of that event.
- Vendors, Consultants, Service Providers: Ticketwise works with vendors, consultants and service providers to perform business-related functions. These engagements can include payment processing, risk management services, analytics services, marketing services, software consultation, and others. During these engagements, we may need to share information provided in order to perform business-related functions.
- Legal Requirements: Where required by law, Ticketwise may share certain information with law enforcement, courts, or government agencies.
Ticketwise is not responsible for any personal information posted on this website in a non-confidential manner (i.e. not posted via a secure form), and such information is not subject to the policies above.
Credit card information is not stored on our site or servers.